Sunday 14 March 2010

art has no limit.


(Dita by Marilyn Manson.)
Today I was asked the question:
"Why do you create art?"

I was at first, unsure of how to answer, afterall there are so many reasons why one would create a work of art. I decided to give the answer; 'I used to draw and paint because it was aesthetically pleasing, something beautiful to look at and that showed off my drawing skills. Then I learnt about conceptual art, and now I strive to make an artwork combining the two ideas. I want to better my skills, I'm constantly batteling with myself to make something so beautiful, I could stand back and think... wow.' This question lead me to look at past artworks that sparked my enjoyment of drawing, the artists that I so wanted to be as good as when I grew up. I remember going through Marilyn Manson's water colours when I first got into his music, they are quite beautiful, even if they were created in a drunken state.

No comments:

Post a Comment