Wednesday 13 October 2010

Today I

sat in the cafe, reading 'Love Letters of Great Men' whilst drinking a large mocha, I felt so at home and peaceful there. It was really nice to just have half an hour to myself.
The letters within the book are beautiful, and they are restoring some faith in humanity for me, there is a part of the introduction that is almost exactly how I feel about society today:

'The commonly held views these days is that people don't write love letters anymore, and that email and text messaging are death to romance. And it does seem unlikely that even the most impassioned lover would today claim, as the playwright Congreve does, that 'nothing but you can lay hold of my mind, and that can lay hold of nothing but you'; then again, Congreve was a literary genius.' - Ursula Doyle.

This book is truly beautiful in so many ways, and as I read the pages, my heart smiles, just because the words are truly heartfelt. Anyway, enough of the soppy romance..


I'm very happy today, which is nice.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment